Kitty Powers in NYC

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

FELIZ SAN VALENTIN!!!!!!

Hoy es un día en que estos americanos se vuelven locos! Es San Valentin! y aqui, si hoy no tienes restaurante reservado y una super sorpresa invitación no eres nadie!!!!! Eso si, tener pareja en el día de hoy te da licencia para hacer y decir lo que quieras como podeis comprobar en este video..da igual lo que sepas mientras hoy no estes soltero!!!


Con lo cual, felicidades a los enamorados y enamoradas, a aquellos que no lo estén también, así como a los solteros, casados, separados, divorciados, correspondidos, no correspondidos, desesperados, enpeliculados........para todos esos pececillos que andan por el mar :)

Enhorabuena especial para Txutx y Ander, Borja y Barri, María Alejandra y Ramón y mi primo Juanito y Marta que este año abandonan definitivamente la solteria!!!!!!!!!






Como este año no tengo disfraz de cupido,ni arco ni flechas, y mucho menos pareja, esta noche nos vamos a juntar nuestro grupo de singles y nos vamos a ir a celebrar nuestra solteria a una disco bolera!


Sin embargo, para que no penseis que una no es una romantica, os dejo este pasaje de murakami:


"Yes, we all had shadows. They were with you constantly. But when I came to this Town, my shadow was taken away.

"You cannot come into this Town with that, " said the Gatekeeper. "Either you lose the shadow or forget about comming inside".

I surrendered my shadow.

The Gatekeeper had me stand in an open space beside the Gate. The three-o'clock afternoon sun fixed my shadow fast to the ground.

"Keep still now", the Gatekeeper told me. Then he produced a knife and deftly worked it in between the shadow and the ground. The shadow writhed in resistance. But to no avail. Its dark form peeled neatly away.

Severed from the body, it was an altogether poorer thing. It lost strength.

The Gatekeeper put away his blade. "What do you make of it? Strange thing once you cut it off, " he said. "Shadowsare useless anyway. Deadweight".

I drew near the shadow. "Sorry, I must leave you for now," I said. "It was not my idea. I had no choice. Can you accept being alone for a while?".

"A while? Until when?" asked the shadow.

I did not know.

"Sure you won't regret this later?" said the shadow in a hushed voice. "It's wrong, I tell you. There's something wrong with this place. People can't live without their shadows, and shadows can't live without people. Yet they're splitting us apart. I don't like it. There's something wrong here".

But it was too late. My shadow and I were already torn apart.

"Once I am settled in, I will be back for you, " I said. "This is only temporary, not forever. We will be back together again".

The shadow sighed weakly, and looked up at me. The sun was bearing down on us both. Me without my shadow, mt shadow without me.

"That's just wishful thinking, " said the shadow. "I don't like this place. We have to escape and go back to where we came from, the two of us".

"How can we return? We do not know the way back".

"Not yet, but I'll find out if it's teh last thing I do. We need to meet and talk regularly. You'll come won't you?".

I nodded and put my hand o my shadow's shoulder, then returned to the Gatekeeper. While teh shadow and I were talking, the Gatekeeper had been gathering up stray rocks and flinging them away.

As I approached, the Gatekeeper brushed the dust from his hands on his shirttail and threw a big arm around me. Whether this was intended as a sign of welcome or to draw my attention to hi strength, I could not be certain.

"Trust me. Your shadow is in good hands," said the Gatekeeper. "We give it three meals a day, let it out once a day for exercise. Nothing to worry about."

"Can I see him from time to time?"

"Maybe," said the Gatekeeper. "If I feel like letting you, that is".

"And what would I have to do if I wanted my shadow back?

"I swear, you are blind. Look around," said the Gatekeeper, his arm plastered to my back. "Nobody has a shadow in this Town, and anybody we let in never leaves. Your question is meaningless".

So it was I lost my shadow. "
Hard Boiled wonderland and The End of the World. Haruki Murakami

3 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Manuela, me has recordado q es el día de San Valentín y no tengo con quien celebrarlo...

    Me ha encantado el vídeo, q ignorancia!

    Abrígate mucho q enganchas un catarro con otro.

    Besos mil.

    Lola.

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Manu al final el 9 de marzo voy a Mad, quedaré con las madrileiras...podias apuntarte.
    besos
    max

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pues yo insisto, tenías que haberte disfrazado de Cupido como en los viejos tiempos! esa peluca roja de rizos tenía que haberte acompañado a NY! bessos.Raquel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home